Sunday, March 12, 2006

Cricket - Redefined

I am writing this post after I witnessed the best one day game in cricket history ever, infact one of the greatest games the world sports have ever seen. Two hours back I was on my way to SN hall day(read it as always-a-much-awaited but never-upto-the-mark occassion). I got these two invitations from my dep mates. Initially I thought.. come on who would move his ass all the way to go to some crap. But then ... ok chalo lets see how the bandhis live.... and then I was on my way. On the way lies our hallz common room and I jas stepped in to have a look at score. Who would have thought that step would deprive me off my chance to go to SN for the first time :((. Saw that Australia have made 434 and South Africa were well in chase with 250 in around 28 overs. This seemed much interesting than SN :D !!! Believe me, guys!!!

I am not a cricket fanatic. I am not even a regular follower of cricket. Then why am I making a post about cricket?? Bcoz this was something special. This was extraordinarily special. This was a day when all the adjectives in the dictionary together wouldnt suffice to explain what was going on in Johannesburg. And still if u feel I am writing crap by this post, then lemme tell u my blog is supposed to give out what my brain has got and presently it has nothing except this crap cricket :D.... Ok, let me tell u this post isnt a review of the match... this is a replica of how everyone felt before my eyes in the common room... friends shouting their hearts out when the ball has been hit for the max, crying angrily when the SA batsman miss out on a ball, jumping with their asses out of chair when Gibb's catch was dropped, when Vanderwalth hit sixes from nowhere in times of dying hope..... this is CRICKET at its best. Forget F1, forget football, forget basketball... this is why cricket rules . Yeha, cricket does rule !!! This is it.. this is the time when u know why during schooltimes we used to bunk classes jas to watch some willows and the ball doing the business!!

If I remember correctly someone said 'Cricket is a game being played by 22 fools with a stupid ball and thousands of fools watching it'. Why the hell did he say that? If we all are fools by seeing this match, then yeah, we are fools. Actually today it should be 'Cricket is a game played by 22 players(well, fools according to that guy,but never mind) with great willows(feels rather unpleasant to speak of the ball today)............. ' . What can one say about the batting display by both the teams today?? devastating, demolishing, exhilarating, astonishing... and what can one say about the game?? amazing, thrilling, miracle ..... God!! why dont i know more adjectives in english :( ... It seemed like the day of greatest massacre of the ball by the bat in cricket history today.. with Lewis recording the worst figures for a bowler... but then who would want to be a bowler on such a day??...(my sympathy to Lewis :D)..... this is a day that would go down in history... a day of swinging hopes, a day of only miracles.

Well, then who cares what all I write about the match... In the end all that matters is South Africa have pulled out a stunner from nowhere and they have won the greatest game ever played. Why in the hell would have Ponting dreamt this end at the half way stage after his own assault.... ok who on earth would have expected this was going to come !!!!! But then, this has happened... and thats why I say CRICKET - REDEFINED

1 comment:

Aditya said...

yeah gr8 match.... everyone had that similar status message on yahoo messenger... but then thank GOD you ran out of adjectives.... hehe just joking.... try being a bit more formal... i mean cut down on that chat language...